Ads

Monday, August 31, 2015

Margot Robbie says actors have a value: 'I got told my price tag the other day'

Margot Robbie says actors have a value: 'I got told my price tag the other day'

Believe it or not, Margot Robbie says she wasn't always the hot property she is now.

The actress, who stars in thriller Z for Zachariah alongside Chiwetel Ejiofor and Chris Pine, told The Guardian that she had to fight for her role - because she "didn't have enough international value".

Margot Robbie, Chris Pine and Chiwetel Ejiofor in Z for Zachariah
© Lucky Hat/Material Pictures

"I was actually trying to get the role of Ann in Z for Zachariah before I had done Wolf(of Wall Street)", she said. "But because I hadn't done a large film, I didn't have enough international value to my name to get the film funded.

"So another actress was attached who had been in more bigger budget, commercial films. Ironically, you have to do the bigger films in order to make a small film."

Robbie, who has just wrapped filming on Suicide Squad, said that she considers all actors to have a "price tag".

"Someone put it to me interestingly a few years ago: every actor has a price tag," she said. "To make a film is just a math equation.

Suicide Squad trailer still
© Warner Bros Pictures

"And if you can make the actor's numbers add up, then the movie can get made, and if you can't, then you're going to have to reevaluate who you're hiring.

"I got told what my price tag was the other day, when someone said: 'If we put you in this film, we'd get this amount for funding.'"

And it seems the actress wasn't quite prepared for the hype that would come with being part of a comic book movie, admitting that it took her by surprise.


"It's pretty intense. It's always bigger than you think it's going to be," she said. "I definitely didn't think it through when I took on the job, but once you're in the midst of it, it's too late to take it back. The whole comic-book world has such a huge fan base."

But we're sure Robbie's tough enough to take it - if she can tattoo Will Smith with the word 'SKWAD' then she can handle anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment