Ads

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Iggy Azalea won't deny having a nose job: "Denying it is lame"

Iggy Azalea won't deny having a nose job: "Denying it is lame"


Iggy Azalea has spoken about her rumoured nose job, refusing to deny it and admitting that "there are things that I didn't like about myself that I changed".

The 'Fancy' rapper spoke to Seventeen about going under the knife, insisting that there should be no shame in improving one's body.

Iggy Azalea in Seventeen's September '15 issue
© Max Abadian/Seventeen

Demi Lovato confirms Iggy Azalea will feature on her new album: "It would be an honour"

"I'm not denying it. Denying it is lame," she said of rumours of a nose job. "I don't think you should be ashamed if you made a change to yourself, which is why I've spoken about the changes I've made, like with my breasts."

Azalea continued: "Your perception of yourself can change a lot over time, so I think it's important to wait and make sure it's the right choice. Plastic surgery is an emotional journey. It's no easy feat to live with your flaws and accept yourself - and it's no easy feat to change yourself. 

"Either way you look at it, it's a tough journey. There are things that I didn't like about myself that I changed through surgery. There are other things I dislike but I've learned to accept. It's important to remember you can't change everything. You can never be perfect."

Azalea also acknowledged that being in the public eye leads to undue scrutiny of physical beauty.

Iggy Azalea in Seventeen's September '15 issue
© Max Abadian/Seventeen

Britney Spears just posted a snide tweet clearly aimed at Iggy Azalea

"It's hard to be a woman in 2015 with social media," she explained. "There's so much more emphasis on taking pictures of ourselves and the 'likes' or people commenting on them. 

"There's a lot more pressure to look beautiful. Some days I just want to look like s**t and feel okay with that."

The full interview is published in Seventeen's September issue, on newsstands on August 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment